July 26, 2016 – The Government of Canada has laid out a plan to invest more than $120 billion in infrastructure over the next 10 years and Phase 1 is already underway. As Infrastructure Canada plans for Phase 2, it is seeking input from communities, stakeholders, and Canadians through the new website, infraconsults.ca.
- Community Infrastructure
- Green Infrastructure
- Public Transit Infrastructure
- Social Infrastructure
Cultural and recreational infrastructure is included under the Social Infrastructure theme. This is a rare opportunity to make sure that our sector can tap into this $120 billion investment.
Here’s how you can act:
- Visit infraconsults.ca.
- Fill in the eWorkbook on social infrastructure and provide your opinion on cultural infrastructure. It’s a very short survey that takes no more than 2 minutes to complete. Once you are registered, you may also fill the other eWorkbooks.
- Encourage other to participate on social media, using the #INFRAconsults hashtag. You may also send a tweet to @INFC_eng.
- Choose another consultation activity: participate in the discussion forums, watch video submissions and send your own, read or send written submissions.
- Organize a community-led event.
CAPACOA and the Canadian Arts Coalition are preparing a written submission. We will share it with you shortly.
With your support, we can help ensure that the perspective of the cultural sector informs the identification of the funding priorities for Phase 2 and the development of the Government of Canada’s infrastructure plan.
Recent and related news