INTERNATIONAL MARKET DEVELOPMENT INITIATIVE 2020 (IMDI2020)
Digital Pilot Program
As a response to current COVID-19 pandemic conditions and a means to forward plan for the return of live international exchange in a post recovery environment, CAPACOA is convening a digital exchange around key markets of interest.
The IMDI2020 is immersing a virtual delegation in a series of networking meetings that explore programming visions and objectives, planning and processes, and current market conditions. The project launched early in fall 2020.
Recognizing that Canadian presenters have a front-line perspective of the value and logistics of touring and are uniquely positioned as catalysts for collaborative exchange, presenter participants are asked to introduce and endorse Canadian export-ready artists to the international cohort, and in turn, be introduced to artists from the target export market.
- To build reciprocal relationships with key organizations in target international markets
- To promote the discoverability and touring potential of Canadian artists
- To uncover potential co-productions with significant international companies
- To build strong international networks in the performing arts
- To tour Canadian and international artists by working directly with venues
- Artist to artist relationships
Nordic Focus: Denmark + Norway
Australia & New Zealand