CAPACOA pledges to adhere to and promote the highest ethical and professional standards to ensure a safer, more inclusive, respectful workplace.
The Safer Spaces Statement may also be referred to as our Code of Conduct, providing guidelines in respect to behaviours and values for decision-making, advocacy efforts, and relationships with our stakeholders.
Values of the Code
This Code rests upon these core values
Integrity; Honesty; Loyalty to the interests of the membership; Fairness; Conscientiousness; Compassion; Equity; and Respect.
CAPACOA is committed to;
- Providing a healthy work environment with a zero tolerance for discrimination, harassment*, bullying, and violence in all forms;
- Creating spaces where all individuals are treated with dignity, can contribute fully, and have equal opportunities;
- Creating an environment where employees, contractors, volunteers, and members can expect to be treated in accordance with the values of this code, and themselves are expected to treat others in the same manner;
- Promote a culture that values consent and encourages all employees and members to work together to ensure CAPACOA is a safer space for everyone;
- Advocate for the safety of the performing arts community;
- Acknowledge and investigate reports in a timely and effective manner;
- Handle confidential reports appropriately;
- Adhere to the Occupational Health and Safety Act of the Province of Ontario and the Canadian Code of Conduct for the Performing Arts;
- Review the Code annually and provide opportunities for stakeholders to communicate feedback, offer suggestions and accept amendments.
*Harassment can take many forms including unwanted sexual attention, inappropriate jokes or texts, threats, and other unwelcome verbal, written, visual, or physical communication or conduct.
- To report a concern, complaint, or to provide feedback, please contact Executive Director Sue Urquhart via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or email Board Chair Natalie Lue at email@example.com.
You can also submit your report or feedback anonymously through this form.
This Safer Spaces Statement applies to all current employees of CAPACOA, including all full and part-time, casual, contract, permanent and temporary employees. It also applies to all persons who attend CAPACOA activities (including without limitation, the annual conference, and online spaces). Without limitation, this policy will therefore apply to members, volunteers, artists and other third-party participants, independent contractors and members of the Board of Directors.
You can review CAPACOA’s complete Respectful Workplaces Policy.