The 30th CAPACOA conference was its 30th anniversary, the event was entitled: The Culture of Community and this theme was very well represented throughout the 4 day event!
- The conference saw 224 delegates in attendance.
- The event had 17 artists take part in the showcases held in venues across Ottawa and Quebec.
- With 7 Professional development sessions, the attendees had more than enough material to take back home to their peers.
The conference was held in the ALT Hotel in Ottawa, the CAPACOA group had then entire hotel to themselves, and this made for many relaxed networking opportunities during the four days.
- Showcases by emerging and established artists from a variety of disciplines and music genres
- Workshops, plenary sessions, PD Sessions
- The Succession Plan mentorship program
- Exhibit hall (market place)
- Networking events
- Peer sessions
- Pitch Sessions
- One on one meetings
The CAPACOA conference is a significant event for the performing arts sector.
“I found the conference uplifting and collegial. I was able to see some artists that I wouldn’t likely see at one of the regional conferences held in the U.S. It is also important as a learning tool to see how other people go through their booking and negotiating processes. Thank you again for the opportunity to attend CAPACOA this year.”
David Brigg – High Point Theatre – North Caroline, USA
“CAPACOA 2017 was great in that I saw a very diverse set of performances and the professional development was very forward-thinking and seemed geared towards preparing for the future in presenting.”
Skip Taylor, Organization of Saskatchewan Arts Council