The Value of Presenting: A Study of Performing Arts Presentation in Canada was commissioned by CAPACOA, in partnership with other presenting networks and an advisory committee of sector representatives. Research activities were carried between May 2011 and January 2013 by Strategic Moves. They involved consultations with more than 1,000 stakeholders, and two surveys conducted in collaboration with EKOS Research Associates.
This participatory action research was designed to identify the benefits of performing arts presentation and to envision performing arts presenters’ current and future roles within the performing arts ecosystem, in their communities and in society at large.
Funding provided by
- Colette Brouillé, Executive Director, RIDEAU (QC)
- Elizabeth Budd, Supervisor, Shell Theatre, City of Fort Saskatchewan (AB)
- Jacinthe Comeau, Executive Director, RADARTS (NB)
- Ken Coulter, Theatre Manager, Oakville Centre for the Performing Arts (ON)
- Michele Emslie, Community Programming Director, Yukon Arts Centre (YK)
- Warren Garrett, Executive Director, CCI – Ontario’s Presenting Network (ON)
- Paul Gravett, Executive Director, Vancouver Recital Society (BC)
- Michael Green, Performance Creation Canada (AB)
- Joanna Maratta, Executive Director, British Columbia Touring Council (BC)
- Caroline Obeid, Portfolio Manager, City of Ottawa / Board member, Creative City Network of Canada
- Brenda O’Donnell, Executive Director, Arts Touring Alliance of Alberta (AB)
- Tim Yerxa, Executive Director, Fredericton Playhouse (NB)