CAPACOA’s Arts Promotion efforts focus on cultural policy advancement, public awareness, research and ways and means that unite the sector. The COVID-19 pandemic did not change our overall arts promotion strategy. It confirmed its necessity.
Documenting the Impact of the COVID-19 Pandemic
Helping Shape Policy and Budget Responses
Pre-budget recommendations in advance of the 2022 federal budget are in development. Come back soon!
Revised budget submission, February 11, 2021
Submission regarding the recovery framework, September 17, 2020
Pre-budget recommendations, August 6, 2020
If you want to contribute to CAPACOA’s arts promotion efforts:
- Contact your MP:
- Tell your her/him/they how the COVID-19 pandemic is affecting you and the entire sector.
- Thank her/him/they for the support for tourism, arts, culture and sport in the last federal budget.
- Ask for tailored wage and fixed cost support programs for hardest hit businesses to ensure their survival into the fall and winter (as per the Hardest Hit Coalition campaign)
- Reiterate one of CAPACOA’s latest budget recommendations.
- Report your meeting to CAPACOA and here: https://hardesthit.ca/report-meetings
- Participate in awareness raising campaigns such as #ForTheLoveofLive and hardesthit.ca.
- Consider joining CAPACOA’s Advocacy Committee – contact Frédéric Julien for more information.
Updated: July 29, 2021