CAPACOA’s Arts Promotion efforts focus on cultural policy advancement, public awareness, research and ways and means that unite the sector. The COVID-19 pandemic did not change our overall arts promotion strategy. It confirmed its necessity.
Documenting the Impact of the COVID-19 Pandemic
Helping Shape Policy and Budget Responses
Pre-budget recommendations for the 2022 federal budget, August 6, 2021
Revised 2021 budget submission, February 11, 2021
Submission regarding the recovery framework, September 17, 2020
If you want to contribute to CAPACOA’s arts promotion efforts:
- Contact your MP:
- Tell your her/him/they how the COVID-19 pandemic is affecting you and the entire sector.
- Thank her/him/they for the support for tourism, arts, culture and sport in the last federal budget.
- Ask for tailored wage and fixed cost support programs for hardest hit businesses to ensure their survival into the fall and winter (as per the Hardest Hit Coalition campaign)
- Reiterate one of CAPACOA’s latest budget recommendations.
- Report your meeting to CAPACOA and here: https://hardesthit.ca/report-meetings
- Participate in awareness raising campaigns such as #ForTheLoveofLive and hardesthit.ca.
- Consider joining CAPACOA’s Advocacy Committee – contact Frédéric Julien for more information.
Updated: April 1, 2022