Established in 2023, The Feasting Relationships symposium engages a diverse curated group of international leaders to collectively share the shifts, stories and transformations within touring networks to reflect, conspire, and move toward a committed collective action. This moment in time is the perfect opportunity to shake things up – perhaps dismantle, reshape, reflect, consider, and form different relationships to encourage change and advance the presenting network community.
The 2023 symposium precedes CAPACOA’s biennial conference, and is taking place from November 2-4.
Both gatherings take place on unceded Anishinaabe Omàmiwininiwak (Algonkin) territory, in Odawa / Ottawa, Ontario, on Turtle Island which is also known as Kanata / Canada.
Longterm relationship building remains the core focus for this symposium. New models of working will be evaluated together in this open forum program, which is designed and supported by following Four Pillars of Anishinaabe Teachings:
- Wisdom = to live with vision (future generations)
- Truth = to speak only to the extent of what you have lived or experienced
- Respect = to go easy on one another and all of creation
- Courage = to live with a strong heart
Presentations and exchanges will be driven by the following topics:
- Understanding the value of relationships over transaction;
- Transparency, Trust and Process;
- Indigenous sovereignty and the future of presenting & touring;
- Obligations, responsibility and accountability to our relations;
- Committing to change, a new network model based on relationships.