PCBP: Presenters Capacity Building Program for Members of CAPACOA and RIDEAU
Facilitating and promoting professional development
Since its creation in 2013, the PCBP has supported 73 projects, 32 of these coming from CAPACOA members.
Professional development is key to helping presenters improve their audience outreach efforts, build capacity and manage change. In order to help best support those efforts, RIDEAU and CAPACOA are pleased to announce the renewal of the: Presenters Capacity Building Program (PCBP), a funding program that provides the presenting community with access to better professional development tools.
- Promote the sharing of expertise within networks
- Provide support to presenting organizations for targeted capacity building projects, professional development and change management
- Contribute to the professionalization of the presenting sector
- Help presenting organizations achieve their goals more effectively
The program gives presenting organizations access to resources which can help build capacity. It is divided into three components:
- Organizational consultation – Organizations can apply for funds to hire consultants or specialists to assist them in capacity building and change management research and planning activities either in person or online. This may take the form of coaching.
- Mentoring – Organizations can apply for funds to enroll their managers in a mentorship with a presenting organization manager.
- Professional development – Organizations can submit an application to attend professional development workshops or seminars directly related to the organization’s specific capacity building needs. This is primarily intended for senior managers of presenting organizations. These can be done in person or online.
Organizations can also submit joint applications in collaboration with others (two or more). Presenter support organizations (presenting networks) are eligible as part of a collaboration in partnership with presenting organizations. Each applicant in a joint application must be a member of CAPACOA and/or RIDEAU.
Please note: Organizations that received financial assistance under the 2019-2020 Presenters Capacity Building Program are not eligible.
The 2020 – 2021 edition of the program will run from September 2020 to June 2021.
Deadline to submit an application to the 2020-2021 edition: September 25, 2020
Announcement of the projects selected will be November 2020
The realization of the projects will be from November 2020 to June 2021.
The final reports will be due in June 2021.
Organizations who have received support for the 2019 – 2020 edition of the PCBP:
- Azimut diffusion
- Canadian Stage
- Corporation du Bedeau
- Diffusion culturelle de Lévis
- Diffusion En Scène
- Pavillion des arts de Coaticook
- Riverfront InterArts
- Scène Francophones
- Société culturelle de Vanier
- Société de développement culturel de Terrebonne
- Spect’Art Rimouski
- Théâtre du marais de Val-Morin
- Théâtre Hector-Charland
- Ville de La Sarre
- Vue sur la relève
Comments from past edition recipients
The staff and board were involved in the development of a comprehensive marketing strategy that incorporates traditional methods but also social media. We have agreed on a much more concise branding architecture. While the long term impact of the project will take time to assess, staff and Board certainly feel empowered to enact changes and have begun the process already.
Klondike Institute of Art and Culture
The impact of this training is to greatly improve the revenue-generating ability of Public Energy in the private sector. This will go a long way toward maintaining the organization’s programming in the face of reduced public sector funding.
This Strategic Planning Session was crucial for our organization at this time. We are facing financial challenges and impending replacement of long-term staff. Both big challenges for an organization of our size with a Board which is geographically so far apart.