August 27, 2019 – Expressions of Interest for Canadian Arts Presenters are now open for support to attend Cervantino International Festival October 9th to 12th, 2019 in Guanajuato, Mexico
The 47th edition of the Festival Internacional Cervantino, which will take place October 9-27, 2019, will have Canada and the State of Guerrero as its guests of honour. Both guests will present a series of performances.
The festival is the most important cultural and artistic festival in the Spanish speaking world and ranks among the top four festivals globally. It is celebrated each year for two weeks in the month of October, in Guanajuato, a small colonial-era city located in central Mexico, with a history of having a large cultural scene.
- To support the work of Canadian artists, in a presenter to presenter context, who will be pitching at a bespoke presenter platform created in conjunction with Cervantino Festival programming.
- To network with and connect to presenters from the United States, Mexico and South America.
- To promote the Canadian artists performing at Cervantino and to act as Ambassadors for Canadian artists.
- To build strong international networks in the performing arts
- To tour international artists working in partnership with venues across the country.
Presenters must meet the following criteria:
- Must have the knowledge of the Canadian performing arts sector to able to act as an ambassador for Canadian artists on the International scene.
- Must have the capacity to build relationships across networks in Canada to promote International projects.
- Must be willing and can demonstrate a willingness to encourage international exchange and collaborations
- Must have previous experience hosting international work.
- Must have the human and financial resources to program international work.
- Demonstrate the ability to return home and champion the work you have seen to your region and network.
CAPACOA will be responsible for:
- Airfare from Canada to Guanajuato, Mexico
- 4 night’s accommodations: October 9 – 12, 2019
- Organization of travel arrangements
- Co-ordination of meetings and schedule during the event
The presenter will be responsible for:
- Ground transportation and per diem
- Submitting a final report to CAPACOA
Expression of Interest Closing Date: September 6th, 2019
Event dates: 9th – 12th October 2019
Notification: Early September 2019
Your expression of interest does not guarantee participation.
If you have any questions please contact Sue Urquhart at firstname.lastname@example.org.