Expressions of Interest for Indigenous Arts Presenters living in Canada are now open. Selected applicants will receive financial support to attend the IDENTIDADES International Festival of Performing Arts, which takes place in Antofagasta, Chile from October 1-8, 2022.
Situated near the Atacama, the world’s driest desert, IDENTIDADES’s objective is to hold a festival where international performing arts professionals gather together to hold seminars, residencies, exhibitions and performances with a reflective spirit throughout. The Festival encourages the deeper contemplation of matters that strengthen identity and root themselves in the territory, research and creation process.
Supported by UNESCO in honour of the International Decade of Indigenous languages, this year’s festival will focus entirely on Indigenous programming. With a strong social awareness core, this festival unpacks how social actions can relate to artistic and aesthetic creations. This celebration of the performing arts opens the community to a broader understanding of possible future events, training opportunities and contributions to human development.
Expression of Interest Closing Date *UPDATED*: August 29, 2022
Travel Dates: September 29 – October 5, 2022 *possible 3-day extension to Buenos Aires – to be confirmed
Notification: September 6, 2022
- Build strong international relationships in the performing arts.
- Consider new methods of working and collaborating together within an honoured space, where challenging environments push our boundaries and understandings.
- Celebrate the teachings of a fully Indigenous-focused festival.
- Develop a greater awareness of international Indigenous artists and their offerings.
- Assist in knowledge transfer across generations.
Presenters must meet the following criteria:
- Previous experience hosting international work.
- Knowledge of the Canadian performing arts sector to be able to act as an ambassador for Canadian artists in the International scene.
- Willing and able to encourage international exchange and collaborations.
CAPACOA will be responsible for:
- Airfare from Canada to Antofagasta, Chile
- 6 night’s accommodations *possible 3-day extension to Buenos Aires – to be confirmed
- Ground transportation within Chile
- Organization of travel arrangements
- Coordination of meetings and schedule during the event
The presenter will be responsible for:
- Domestic (Canadian) ground transportation to and from airport
- Daily per diem
- Submitting a final report to CAPACOA
- A valid Canadian passport with at least six (6) months of validity left
Your expression of interest does not guarantee participation – participants will be selected by jury. If you have any questions, please contact Judy Harquail at email@example.com.