March 6, 2019 – Expressions of Interest are now open for support to attend the Edinburgh Fringe Festival August 17 – 23 August, 2019.
The Edinburgh Festival Fringe is the world’s largest arts festival, which in 2018 spanned 25 days and featured more than 55,000 performances of 3,548 different shows in 317 venues.
It is an open access (or “unjuried“) performing arts festival, meaning there is no selection committee, and anyone may participate, with any type of performance. The official Fringe Programme categorises shows into sections for theatre, comedy, dance, physical theatre, circus, cabaret, children’s shows, musicals, opera, music, spoken word, exhibitions and events.
- to promote the discoverability of the Canadian artistic scene through the interaction of professional Canadian presenters at the 2019 Edinburgh Festival
- to build strong international networks in the performing arts
- to tour international artists working in partnership with venues across the country.
Presenters must meet the following criteria:
- Must have previous experience hosting international work.
- Must have the human and financial resources to program international work.
- Demonstrate the ability to return home and champion the work you have seen to your region and network.
- Must have the capacity to build relationships across networks in Canada to promote International projects.
- Must have the knowledge of the Canadian performing arts sector to able to act as an ambassador for Canadian artists on the International scene.
- Must be willing and can demonstrate a willingness to encourage international exchange and collaborations.
CAPACOA will be responsible for:
- Airfare from Canada to Edinburgh, Scotland
- 6 night’s accommodations
- Organization of travel arrangements
- Co-ordination of meetings and schedule during the event
The presenter will be responsible for:
- Ground transportation and per diem
- Performance Tickets
- Submitting a final report to CAPACOA
Expression of Interest Closing Date: March 25, 2019
Event dates: 17 – 23 August 2019
Notification: Early May 2019
Your expression of interest does not guarantee participation. If you have any questions please contact Sue Urquhart at email@example.com.
This trade mission is organized in partnership with CINARS, the Indigenous Performing arts Alliance and RIDEAU.
Funded by the Government of Canada.