October 7, 2019 – Expressions of Interest are now open for support to attend The Performing Arts Meeting in Yokohama (TPAM) 8 – 15 February 2020.
Now Accepting Expressions of Interest to attend TPAM for Producers, Presenters & Programmers
Expression of Interest Closing Date: October 25 2019 (extended)
Event dates: 8 – 16 February 2020
Notification: Early November 2019
About the Opportunity
Expressions of Interest are now open for support to attend The Performing Arts Meeting in Yokohama (TPAM) 8 – 15 February 2020. TPAM – The Performing Arts Meeting in Yokohama is a space where people from various places in the world who are professionally involved in performing arts get together to exchange through diverse performance and meeting programs and gain information, inspiration and network for the creation, dissemination and vitalization of performing arts.
Having celebrated the 20th anniversary, it is internationally recognized as one of the most influential performing arts platforms in Asia. Launched as Tokyo Performing Arts Market in 1995, TPAM moved to Yokohama in 2011, renaming itself as “Meeting” instead of “Market” and reimagining itself as a platform for a wide range of performing arts activities not limited to “buying and selling.”
In 2015, APAM became an active co-producer, while also placing an ever-increasing importance on networking across Asia.
Throughout a 9-day period, more than 50 artists / companies present more than 200 performances. More than 300 meetings, discussions and seminars are held. More than 700 professionals from 40 countries participate. Including non-professional audience members, more than 15,000 people visit Yokohama looking for encounters with the performing arts.
- promote the best of Canadian artistic talent
- promote the discoverability of Canadian artists through the interaction of professional Canadian presenters and producers at TPAM 2020
- increase the profile of CAPACOA and its objectives for international engagement
- explore the unique merits and transferable attributes of an industry leading market platform
- gain new market intelligence across multiple countries and regions in Asia ▪ build strong international networks in the live performing arts
Eligibility Criteria Presenters, programmers and producers must meet the following criteria:
- Previous experience either hosting international work or touring Canadian work internationally.
- Human and financial resources to program/tour international or Canadian work.
- Demonstrate the ability to return home and champion the work you have seen to your region and network.
- Capacity to build relationships across networks in Canada to promote International projects.
- Knowledge of the Canadian performing arts sector in order to act as an advocate for Canadian artists on the international scene.
- Be willing and can demonstrate a willingness to encourage international exchange and collaborations.
- Presenters must be members of CAPACOA.
CAPACOA will be responsible for:
- Airfare from Canada to Tokyo, Japan
- 7 night’s accommodations
- Organization of travel arrangements
- Coordination of meetings and schedule during the event
The producer and presenter/programmer will be responsible for:
- Ground transportation and per diem
- Event registration
- Performance Tickets
- Submitting a final report to CAPACOA
Complete the form to express your interest. Your expression of interest does not guarantee participation and only those chosen will be notified.
If you have any questions please contact Sue Urquhart at firstname.lastname@example.org.