July 26, 2016 – The Government of Canada has laid out a plan to invest more than $120 billion in infrastructure over the next 10 years and Phase 1 is already underway. As Infrastructure Canada plans for Phase 2, it is seeking input from communities, stakeholders, and Canadians through the new website, infraconsults.ca. Read more
CAPACOA will hold its 29th conference in conjunction with the CINARS Biennale and MUNDIAL MONTRÉAL.
Expect bigger than ever international networking opportunities, world-class performances, and thought-provoking professional development.
July 11, 2016 – In this issue: evolution of presenting practice, employers and the arts, U.S. visa fee increase, mentorship, and more. Read more
July 7, 2016 – The 3.0 version is out, says Brian McCurdy, in his post entitled The Evolution of Presenting Practice. And in the 3.0 model, municipal performing arts centres fulfill the role of community cultural developer. Read more
June 27, 2016 – The arts matter more than sports when it comes to attracting skilled workers. But businesses may not know it yet. Read more
June 16, 2016 – Across Canada and around the world, artists are working with diverse communities in participatory art making processes: art for social change, socially-engaged art, community arts, and cultural mediation all fall within this movement. Read more
- Arts on Prescription
- Aging the Creative Way
- A Closer Look at Culture Indicators
- Changing Patterns in Recreation Expenses
- Writing the Next Chapter of Canadian Cultural Policy
- Where Does Audience Research Takes Us Next?
- Changes in Favour of Efficiency, Transparency and Trust at Canadian Heritage
- Proposed Legislation to Help Touring Canadians Enter U.S.
- Arts Marketing and Development Conference
- Presenting Networks at the ECMW