Novalima. Photo credit: Vito Mirr.

November 8, 2019 – Do you present artists from abroad and need help facilitating artists’ entry to Canada? It's now possible to register with Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada’s Special Events Unit in order to help artists get their visitor visa on time for their performance in Canada.

If you present artists from visa-required countries, you ought to know about Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada’s Special Events Unit.

The Special Events Unit is a one-stop source of information on Canada’s visa and entry requirements. Once you’ve registered your event, the Unit can provide you with valuable information and support, free of charge, including:

  • explaining Canada’s visa and entry requirements, including the visa process and the letter of invitation, which organizers must provide to visa-required artists; and,
  • informing Canada’s visa offices abroad about your event so they can plan for the timely processing of artists’ visa applications.

Performing arts presenters who present artists from visa-required countries are advised to notify the Special Events Unit as early as possible in the planning process. You can register your event online by completing the Notice of an International Event or Meeting form.

About the visitor visa and other entry requirements

In order to enter Canada, foreign artists may need a visitor visa or an Electronic Travel Authorization. In addition, artists from certain countries may need to provide biometrics. Visit the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada website to find out what the entry requirements are for each country.


Recent and Related News

Artists Mobility: Good and Bad News North and South of the Border

Senate Report Puts Cultural Diplomacy at the Front Stage

Visa Refusal Rates and New Biometrics Requirement Are About to Seriously Impede Artist Mobility