Snapshots Sessions: Artists’ Lens on Projects Ready for Touring
CAPACOA is hosting a pilot virtual networking event in October 2022 where selected artists and their representatives will have the opportunity to meet both Canadian and International guests for four days of networking and connectivity.
We invite Canadian artists and their representatives to submit applications to be part of the virtual Artist Snapshots Sessions. We welcome all disciplines in the performing arts, dance, theatre, circus and music to apply. There will be a total of 30 projects (15 Canadian and 15 International) selected for presentation over two sessions on October 11th and 12th.
Each Snapshot of your work will be offered over Zoom to delegates from Canada and around the globe in 4 min pre-recorded presentations.
Deadline to Apply: May 30, 2022
Networking Event Dates: October 11-14, 2022
Notification: End of June 2022
How to Apply: Send your application to email@example.com
Application Requirements (mandatory)
To be considered for a Snapshots session slot, all applicants must provide a summary proposal which includes the following required information:
- Your name, email, telephone number and website
- Company/organization name, and address
- Video and/or Vimeo links to past productions and work in progress
- Description of proposed project (maximum 350 words)
- Objective of participation: i.e., develop global partnerships, international representation, touring opportunities, performance engagements etc. (maximum 250 words)
What We Are Looking For:
- Projects that are in development or complete and will be premiered in the next 18 months, or projects recently premiered.
- The project represents work that is/will be tour ready.
- The project already has some backing in place (financial, commissioning, producing, in-kind support).
- All 30 Snapshots will be pre-recorded. CAPACOA will provide technical resources to support with the recordings.
- Applications must be from professional organizations that are registered companies and/or registered not-for-profit organizations in Canada.
- This is very much about new work/creations. Projects premiered more than three years before the Snapshots sessions in October will not be considered.
- CAPACOA will provide someone to help you craft your presentation.
A maximum of 30 projects, 15 of which will be Canadian, will be selected by a panel which includes professional representatives from Canada and abroad. Applicants will be judged on the above criteria. Additionally, we will be looking for:
- Demonstrated potential for the proposed work to be of interest to both a national and international audience
- Works that are of the highest artistic excellence
- Representation from across Canada
- Representation from Indigenous artists
- Representation that celebrates Canada’s diversity
To apply: Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
For additional information or any queries, please contact Judy Harquail at email@example.com.