September 16, 2016 – Following consultation with the membership and with key partners, CAPACOA shared a written submission in response to the consultation on Phase 2 of the Government of Canada's Infrastructure Plan.
“The way that cultural organizations deliver programming today is different than when the infrastructure was build. We need cultural centres that can deliver a wide array of programming beyond presentation. It is substantially more complex today.”
This consultation is a unique opportunity to secure a funding extension for a crucial arts infrastructure program – the Canada Cultural Space Fund – outside of the traditional advocacy channels. CAPACOA has therefore been particularly active throughout the consultation.
- We uploaded a video on performing arts infrastructure;
- We consulted with the membership;
- We consulted with partners from municipality associations;
- We led the Canadian Arts Coalition's contribution to the INFRAconsults;
- We presented our own written submission.
The infrastructure consultation closes today. If you haven't done so yet, please take a minute to fill-in the eWorkbook on social infrastructure and have your say on the value of culture infrastructure.
Recent and Related News